Tuesday, December 19, 2006

End of the Year Reflection

I haven't posted bc, well, bc my life is in utter upheaval right now. So, here's a meme bc a meme is all I can muster.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?

Visited New Mexico; saw Lakewood church; ate at the Pigstand

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Yes, I made peace with my boobs in October.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, my cousin.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, my godfather.

5. What countries did you visit?

none this year [sigh]

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?

the ability to ignore my parents

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory?

Jan 21--first day to visit new job; June 1--first day to start new job; Nov 2 the start of Kimday; Nov 6--the real Kimday; Dec 12--I don't want to talk about; Dec 18--ditto

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

finding my niche

9. What was your biggest failure?

being so compassionate that I enabled someone who should've learned to take care of himself

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

no

11. What was the best thing you bought?

organic food

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Um, the purple princess. She's always a reason to celebrate.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

various politicians; people in the news; people on TV

14. Where did most of your money go?

food

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

brainstorming for my job and getting my Hello Kitty water dispenser which is now at work; oh, and watching the Warrior

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2006?

The Kimday Experience--(Thanks, Praxis)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? thinner
richer or poorer? same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

write in a journal so that i could remember these answers better

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

helping people out at my expense

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I don't even know

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

don't talk on the phone much, so probably Edgy; texting would be Glinda and Praxis

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?

yes, sadly

23. How many one night stands in this last year?

none

24. What was your favorite TV program?

King of the Hill

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

no, I don't really hate anyone; my interim boss drives me batty, though

26. What was the best book(s) you read?

you know, I keep coming back to this stupid sci fi book about vampires on Mars. It was so poorly written, but I just devoured it. Sad, for an English major.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

That I miss music, greatly. If they mean my best musician discovery--Cat Power

28. What did you want and get?

a job I like

29. What did you want and not get?

the subject of the coaster in my pocket

30. What were your favorite films of this year?

V for Vendetta; X Men 3; For Your Consideration; Charlotte's Web

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

32--see previous posts for the Kimday experience

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

a trip to Europe again

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?

I'm not sure if I have a personal fashion concept; I've grown fond of shoes and skirts all of a sudden this year, and that's a first

34. What kept you sane?

texting, blogging, supportive coworkers and friends

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I'm not positive that I actually fancied anyone (said in my most perfect British accent)

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

the fact that I actually wanted to vote this year and missed the deadline

37. Who did you miss?

my friends in Chicago

38. Who was the best new person you met?

the CP

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.

Everything will always work out

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?

"You're gonna make it after all"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home