Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I am a jaded ass

There was a time when snow used to make me happy. And part of it still does. I love snow at night, when I have nowhere to be, and I can just enjoy the nearly silent sizzle of the flakes gliding through the air.

Today was not that day. After walking 2 blocks to the bus stop and realizing I forgot my hat and gloves, I waited 30 min for a bus that didn't come. Then I had to walk back, get in my car, drive to campus, park 2 miles off campus, walk to campus and was 30 minutes late for my meeting this morning.

Everyone was cheerful, jolly, sipping cocoa and singing, "Let it snow." And I--I looked like a drowned rat, my $50 digital recorder just as soaked as I was. And suddenly the merriment stopped as one person said, "Wow, you look, er, moist." Moist?

I need coffee. Damnit, and I woke up today thinking I'd be one of those cheerful, oblivious types. It's just not in the stars, people.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home