Friday, July 01, 2005

Pissed at PISD

Well, special thanks to Glinda for introducing me to the world of html code. Now my blog doesn't look as pathetic. I'll be working on it more soon.

I got a call from PISD the other day saying that there was "a problem" and that I needed to sign some paperwork. The woman asked me to call her back. Well, I was going to be on that side of town anyway for my dad's bday, so I just stopped by. I thought that the woman was going to blow a gasket. She chastized me, literally with a pointed finger, saying that she didn't ask me to come in; she asked me to call her. I tried to explain that I was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, and she replied, "When I ask someone to call me, I expect them to call me, not come in. If I had wanted you to come in, I would have asked you to come in." I asked her what she was calling me about then, and she said that she was calling to ask me to come in. Has the world lost all logic, or have I?

So I asked her if I could fill out the paperwork, and she huffed around for about 20 minutes and finally produced a sheet for me to sign which stated that I hadn't turned in any of my paperwork, including my deficiency plan (which was the impetus for the whole blow up about how I may or may not have a job there in the fall because I waited until summer to take classes, so I know that they have the plan). I said, "You have all of my paperwork." She said, "well, sign it anyway." "But if you have it, why would I sign that you didn't?" "Just sign it." I said that I refused to sign something that wasn't true, and she said that if I wanted the job back, I had to sign it. Finally, I signed it and wrote to the side that it was untrue. I think that either they are insane or I'm going insane--or both really.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home