Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Auld acquaintance did forget

to blog about New Years. Highlights:

  • Driving down to Kemah for the cruise, only to realize, as we were almost there, that I left Edgy's shirt hanging on the light switch at home. I had bought him a new one for the event.
  • Pulling over to SteinMart to pick up a shirt because the drive back home was too horrendous to think about, and the mall in suburban Clear Lake on New Year's Eve was ungodly
  • Walking around SteinMart trying to find a shirt. I can't explain this store, but I think that the parts of my body that are still youthful and moist started immediately crusting up with age. It looks like my ex-boyfriend's grandmother's house.
  • Leaving SteinMart because there was no shirt to be found
  • Heading over to Marshall's. I thought that Walmart was the epitome of hell, but Marshall's takes the cake. Found a shirt at Marshall's that was passable. No tie. I think that there were only 12 shirts and 3 ties in the whole store anyway.
  • Burlington Coat Factory--Oh sweet god this one took the cake. Worst store ever. Usually I don't mind BCF much, but the one in Clear Lake looks like Armageddon bitch slapped it. Found a tie, though and was hit on by a 19 year old butch woman buying white linen bellbottomed pants (how the hell she found them in winter, I dunno) and a wallet on a chain and who was higher than a kite on a mid March day and said things like, "I like the sound of the beeping machine, don't you? It gets me all hot".
  • Driving down the wrong damned country road while trying to find the resort hotel. Starving to death and singing a soon to be hit by Cranky and Edgy, "Doing the Samba Chicken Dance."
  • At this point thinking that we could have driven home and gotten Edgy's shirt by now.
  • making it to the hotel where they tell all of us that we won't get our king sized bed because they overbooked, even though we booked a month in advance
  • Waiting for 2 hours for the "cruise line provided" taxi. getting on said taxi and while driving off, the driver says, "Oh by the way, it's 10 bucks a head and won't be covered by the cruise line."
  • Fabbo food. I'm still dreaming about bacon wrapped shrimp in grand marnier cream sauce. No, the eclairs were better. mmmmm
  • The lemon bar from hell--tasted like floor cleaner
  • open bar and a man at our table who brought a bottle of scotch as long as my calves
  • dancing on the top of a boat in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico
  • Edgy calling TwoShirts to pick us up and bringing the phone back to me. Almost everyone in my phonebook had been accidentally dialed before he got to TwoShirts.
  • TwoShirts picking us up at the dock
  • party on the 6th floor with people we didn't know who then kicked us out of their room so that they could have crazy monkey sex and then one of the men looking at me and saying, "You look so much better when I'm drunk." Did wonders for my self esteem.
  • celebrating New years at 12 Eastern, Central, and Mountain time thx to text messaging
  • Edgy locking us out of the room and then us calling Glinda to tell her about it
  • Watching "I'm a whore" on tv with TwoShirts and Edgy. Weirdness.
  • Edgy passing out and TwoShirts leaving and me still watching tv.

Yeah, New years hasn't changed much really.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home