Sunday, July 24, 2005

Time Warp?

What in the hell happened? I would think that I went back to my collegiate days, except that my cellulite and creaking bones tell me different--that and the fact that I choose Absolut martinis over Olympia beer and Gomez tequilla. First of all, thanks to Glinda and TwoShirts, I've been partying like it's 1994 nearly every weekend. If it weren't freakin' 170 degrees outside, I might even wear my Grunge flannel from '94, but the thought makes me sweat profusely. [God, I loved the Grunge era]. Furthermore, the reason that I haven't posted to my blog is that for 4 days, I've been cranking out a semester's worth of work for these certification classes. It's like the time (and Panchette Villa, my old college roomie, remembers this) that I had 5 papers due in 2 days. Panchette still laughs when I had to ask her if the library was open at night because I never went there. [Glinda is sighing now]. Anyway, I'm now caught up and finished with the midterm! Yippee? Should I procrastinate some more? Probably. Another thing that makes me think I'm still in college is my apartment. It doesn't even look like a home, just a temp residence. I've been living out of boxes since I moved in 6 months ago, and it's time to move again. I even have 2 cats like I did in college. Poor Miller. Wonder what happened to him/her (did we ever figure it out?). I'm about to move back into the 'trose, thank God. Quirky little apartment. I bought a new '70 shagadelic throw rug with the perfect color palette for the place: chocolate, sky blue, bright orange, tupperware green, and bright yellow. The shower curtain is vinyl with the same colors in big vinyl bubbles. God, I can't wait to move in.
I won't be in the same complex as Glinda but close enough to continue this dream of never leaving the college experience. She wouldn't go to the Davenport with me tonight, but that's just as well because I ended up with a throw rug and a shower curtain. Anyway, I had a final point, but I forgot it, which is much like my college days, so there you go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home