Monday, April 10, 2006

'Twas Eastertime

and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble throughout my whole damn body!

I AM SO FREAKIN' SICK!

I've traded in my martinis for cocktails made from Nyquil, Dayquil, and Hot Toddies. The thought of food makes me sick, even queso, so you know I'm ill.

Damn the little pathogenic bastards!

Plus, to top it off today, a kid comes in my class, eye oozing with pink eye. She said she was diagnosed with it on Friday. Um...WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN MY CLASS TODAY THEN? So I send her down to the "nurse" (I put it in quotes to not only irritate Glinda but to also emphasize that while she is, indeed, an RN, she has no nursing skills beyond handing out bandaids and maxipads) who promptly sends her back to my class to wait for mom to pick her up? WTF? As soon as she left, I unloaded an entire can of lysol on everything--desks, floors, papers, doorknobs, you name it. I also must've covered my hands and arms in antibac gel 20 times.

Speaking of the nurse, Friday another teacher comes into my room telling me that a student passed out in the hallway. We call the nurse, and no one answers, so I leave the teacher with my class and run down to the nurses' station (not a short little jaunt mind you. Our school is big). No one is there but students who tell me that the nurses didn't come in today. That means that the RN and the RN aide just decided not to come in that day, and no one was there to cover for them. I tell an AP, who gets on the walkie talkie to get the school's trainer to come help, and then yells at me for not telling her exactly what room number the kid was in front of. I told her the 400 hall, but that wasn't good enough. Plus, I'm teaching a fucking class, not monitoring the hallways. By the time we got back, the kid had gotten up and wandered off, and the aide left with him said, "Well, he felt better." So the AP said, "Well, that was a waste of time."

UM HELLO?? Kid passes out and gets up and you don't see the need to find out where he went?

I work in hell.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home