Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Funnies, a recap of the week

Quotes:

Coworker: "Is Jesus the Way?"
Cranky: "The way to what?"

Twoshirts: "Dude, I've been meaning to ask you if that was Edgy cutting the really rank gas at the baseball game."
Cranky: "He thought it was you and then was worried that you thought it was him."
Twoshirts: "Dude, it was rank."

In discussion of postmodern youth/twentysomethings and how to keep them involved in the church, the story of Glinda's use of the word sucks and pimp out at her interview comes up. Coworker snickers, recovers, snickers into a laugh, recovers, snickers again. Then stops and says, "Yeah, that wouldn't work at a private college." Then under his breath, "Wonder if it would work in a sermon."

From "Movin' on Up" KOTH:
LUANNE: Do you mind if I just take a quick shower first? I smell like waitressing.
LUANNE: God only has ten rules, Uncle Hank, and His house is much bigger.
BILL: They must be city folk. I just whupped up a new batch of possum stew I'd be willin' to share with you -- don't worry, I took off the feet.
LUANNE (as Sir Reginald): They're not going to leave you a scrap, what what?
BOBBY: Guys can shave their legs too? That's very interesting.
HANK: Peggy!
PEGGY: Bobby!
BOBBY: Sorry, Dad.


Moments:

Glinda is telling me about a rubber duckie vibrator. Exhippie at Borders stares in amazement and then begins heaving in a silent guffaw and closes his book.

Comparing people to their dogs.

Ongoing bet between coworker and me to see who can get the most policies put in place by the powers at be after we've done something controversial. I'm ahead by one. He's hoping to pull ahead with a movie policy after showing V for Vendetta and The Big Lebowski at a small group discussion.

Belts, real and imagined: Pink or embroidered with Funky Winkerbean across the back.

Providing food for my hair stylists fingernail tapping fetish.

A shirt for TwoShirts: the gays love me

Buying season 4 of KOTH (See above)

Coined Words:

Javamulke
Theoloccino




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home