Friday, August 25, 2006

Startling Stats

I'm doing some research for work (I love working at home) and came across these fast facts:

  • 50% the percentage of children under 5 in the US who are racial or ethinic majorities (www.startribune.com)
  • 80 million fewer females globally due to selective abortions and infanticide (Parents Magazine); PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis) clients are increasing in the US, btw.
  • 38% the percentage of 4th graders who scored below basic reading levels in 2005
  • 29% the percentage of 8th graders who scored below basic reading levels in 2005 (both stats from USA Today)
  • 25,800 the number of cases of whooping cough in children in 2004 (Newsweek)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

I know. I thought that was weird.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Cranky said...

I'm right there with you. Look how many posts I did today!
Word verif: arswwf--makes me think of the Iron Shiek.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home