Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
egg nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Unfortunately, there are no lights on my house; the lights on the tree vary with the theme I choose for the year

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, if I want a kiss, I just steal it.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
the day after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Um...the family sweet potato recipe

7. Favorite Holiday memory?
Walking into my playroom as a child to see a glowing dollhouse in the corner. It was Barbie sized and took up half the room, built from an overhead perspective. In fact, it was modeled after my childhood home, complete with working lights, stereos, an ice maker with little ice cubes in it, curtains and bed spreads made by my grandma. The whole house was built by hand by my grandpa and was AMAZING! He also built me a toy chest on stilts that I called my castle. I spent many a day in that castle, touching the ceiling with my toes and daydreaming!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
A friend told me about the toothfairy, and I sadly put it all together. It was one whambang letdown--every holiday destroyed before my very eyes.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, half of them; although this year, we opened all of them on Christmas Eve

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
with a theme. This year was peacocks.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, I'm not bad, actually. Took my first lessons at 27 in Chicago.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes, see above dollhouse description.

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Not big on holiday desserts. If I had to pick, I'd say pumpkin pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Well, we've broken all traditions now, really. We used to do some philanthropic thing as a family, which I loved to do. Also, we always lit advent wreaths and did the Advent calendar ritual, which I loved. I still get PJs for Christmas every year, and we see a movie on Christmas Day as a family.

17. What tops your tree?This year was peacock feathers

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving, especially when I get to watch people open presents. I LOVE watching people open presents!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Come, O Come Emmanuel

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?
Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home