Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cupids, and Pixies, and Nessie, Oh MY!

Just sitting here at the coffee shop, brain completely melted from sifting through and coding qualitative interviews that mean nothing to me in terms of a dissertation. Just pays the bills. For awhile, I was able to half-ass listen to a convo about various poets, making me wish I was back in the English department--sigh. The choices we make...

Now the tie to my literary past is gone, and I am left with nothing but thoughts of mythical creatures: gorgyles, leprechauns, slykicks, unicorns, big headed babies. This came about because next to me, there are three people sitting abreast on a couch drinking nothing, saying nothing, and simply staring at a sleeping baby with a look of prozaced bliss on their faces. Seriously, they look like Medusa sneaked up behind them and turned them to stone with this look on their face. I'm ok with it and all, but you're taking up a couch, dude. Then again, I'm taking up a table writing about them, so I guess I'd better get back to coding. At least I'm drinking coffee!

I've got another refill coming on my coffee, or I'd just leave. Please, gods above, grant me something interesting to watch or talk to.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

G, your pic of the bhb still slays me. LOL. Tell me it still makes you laugh.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home