Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pleather Virgin

Went shopping today. This makes 4 days in a row, and I make it a rule never to shop at the holidays, but I've just needed something to do to blow off some steam other than running. I've had two major projects each week for 5 weeks. It's insane.

And I'm having some sort of a false pre-midlife crisis because I'm trying on things just for fun that I would never wear in a million years. Tonight's adventure was a pair of pleather plants. First of all, I had the damnedest time getting these things over my calves! I guess strung out hair bands and cougars don't have runners' calves. Anyway, once I got them over the calf area, they stuck on like superglue, and I have never felt so uncomfortable emotionally in my life. Seriously, I looked like someone from Stryper. It was disturbing. I thought I'd laugh at myself, but I was just horrified. Pleather pants are just WRONG! How do people strut around in these things without feeling like an ass? Lycra, maybe. ;) I bought 3 pair of pants like that and the shoes to go with them! All on sale! No pleather, though.

I also scored 4 cute dresses for 2 bucks each (love out of season clearances). And I bought a corset top and plaid micromini for 75% off with lace leggings and pearl accessories. LOL. I've either lost my mind or am excited the 80s are back in. What do they say about "if you wore it the first time around..." Screw them!

Total bill: $36. W00t!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home