Thursday, January 26, 2006

Almost speechless

Went to class tonight. More laid back this week. That is not the purpose of this blog entry, though. Get this.

Class ends. I'm walking out the door, and the prof says, "I'm really delighted to have you in this class. I'm sorry for picking on you, but you have so much to share with the class, that I value your input." She then proceeds to ask me to apply to the UH doctoral program in literacy education. She doesn't see any problem with me getting accepted, and she says that she will help me petition the classes I've taken so far so that they will count. The only reason they don't count now is because I'm taking them Post Bac instead of as a doctoral candidate, but they're the same classes.

She said that she would love to copublish something with me to help get me started and has plenty of opportunities for research and for me to attend national conferences.

I'm pretty overwhelmed. What will I do with this degree, though? I'm tempted to do it because I could combine it with a master's in instructional tech; plus, I've always had a Dr. prefix fixation. Dr. Cranky. That's right. Who's your mama?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

That's MAMA to you, Sleepswithshoeson.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home