Thursday, January 12, 2006

Chuggin down chum and Two Buck Chuck

Had my interview today at BeanTree. Please note the listing. Do you see the bottom where it says that there is an open director position--3 to be exact? I sent my CV and the whole package with a cover letter referencing the Director of education position. When they called to set up a phone interview, I double checked that this was for the Director of education position. They even discussed my "impressive resume" for the DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION POSITION.

Today, she begins asking me what age group I'd like to work with. Flustered, I said that I had been the director of education previously and worked with 0-12. She said, "Yes, but what age would you like to teach?" I said, "Well, I'd teach any age, but I was actually applying for the director of education and training position." Here's the rest of the conversation:

Director of education and training. That's my position. you want my position?

Um...

It's ok. I'm not offended.

Um...

Hmmm well, in 2007 we're going to open up 4 more facilities, and we might need a director education then, but probably one person will be over all of the facilities, so unless I get promoted, which I'm not saying that I won't and that you don't stand a chance, then we probably would need you as a teacher, but you could start as a teacher and promote from within. There is room for promotion, but of course, I can't promise that you would receive a director position because there might not be one. Are you interested in doing that?

Well, I hate to be blunt about it from the start, but it would depend on the salary, really. I would need to stay relatively where I am.

Oh, well I'm glad you're being perfectly honest. I don't think that we could pay you that salary.

Well, I can negotiate a little. What would your salary range be?

[shuffle shuffle shuffle] Well, probably around $33,280. We can't count your experience because though you've taught for 10+ years, your facilities aren't licensed under the same agency as ours, so you start at ground zero.

I don't think I can do that, but let me ask here, the ad did specifically mention a director position open. Was it an old ad?

No, it was for the position at the other schools in 2007.

Ok.

Well, I'll write down that you want to make around 40, and you search your heart and see if it is something that you would reconsider. If you do, call us back and we'll bring you in. Our facility is top notch, and all of our staff is very happy. And if you do move here, and you aren't happy, then you should just call me, and I'll make sure you are happy.

Ok.

Hope to hear from you soon. Bye.

Bye.

Weirdorama. The only weirder experience I've had in an interview was when a lady was looking at my writing sample and said, "You write much better than I do. I don't think that I can hire you." She hired me. I quit 6 months later because she puked every 5 minutes in the bathroom and talked about the smell of her bowel movements. Plus, she held fundraisers in the company name and gave the money directly to her freaky megachurch. Funniest thing that happened, though, or really the saddest, was on 9/11 when she pulled us all into her office crying and said that she felt that we all needed to give her church money and made us watch a video about how much the church needed funds and then held out a collection plate.

well, I'm off to eat fish sticks and two buck wine. My life sucks. And don't go telling me about how shitty fish sticks are or about how the fish once frolicked in the sea. I know all of this, but the fucking things were free with a purchase of light mayo (go figure), and I need to eat them before they get worse with flavor.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home