Saturday, January 13, 2007

Not so skareoke?

So I left work today to hang out with some teacher friends at Fox and Hound and then took Slick, my car, in for a spa day. Poor thing is having some spark plug/transmission (maybe)/AC belt/throttle plate problems. It happens when Mazdas hit 141,000 miles. This is the first work (other than general maintenance) that's needed to be done on the car. Mazdas rule!

Then I went to a 30th birthday party with a bunch of people who sing for a living. Yes, these people are all in the Houston Symphony Chorus and the Grand Opera. The wife rented out Spotlight Karaoke for her hubby's bday party, and we had a private VIP room and then the karaoke madness ensued. I think that every genre was represented, including songs from La Boheme, Rocky Horror and Lebowski and some Indian and Tejano ballads. Someone even sang Pat Boone (shudder). I sang everything from Broadway to Dolly Parton (Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Joleeeeene) with a little Dusty Springfield and Ella Fitzgerald thrown in for good measure. And then there was the political activist who kept changing the words to songs and throwing in lyrics about tying yellow ribbons everywhere.

Oh, and I did get to live out my fantasy of being a Supreme bc I was one of the back up singer/dancers for many a performance this evening.

No Asian Elvis this time folks, but Jackie makes a mean white Russian (despite the fact that she held my credit card in her bra to keep the tab open--THAT was weird). And now, Cranky is sleepy and must go nite nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home