Saturday, January 13, 2007

Slick has a spaday

The good news: no transmission problems. My friend, Barry, says that I must know how to drive a standard (yeah, I learned on one and have never driven anything else) because the original clutch looks brand new.

The bad news: All the preventative maintenance issues I should've taken care of at 100,000 miles (but were ok then) are now in need. Belts need replacing, a sensor needs replaced, throttle plate needs replacing, spark plug wires need replacing, and oil needs a flushing, so all of those tiny, weeeneenzie, little things equal out to 9 cents short of 1k. Yep. But Barry being the kind soul that he is, gives me the 10% "I've known you since I was in junior high and we used to drink whiskey together (later on) and you'd always make fun of me for being Jeff's little brother but it's ok bc you'd smile and I'd forget about it" discount so we're down to 900. Yippee! But Barry says I can probably eek out 250,000 miles on Slick, so I okd the spa day.

Now I need a spa day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home