Monday, January 19, 2009

"I'm Don Corleone, Mrs. Cavanaugh's cousin"

Wow. I had a helluva dream last night. It was one of my infamous soundtracked dreams, which included the songs Round and Round by Ratt and Bit by Bit by Stephanie Mills (made famous by the Fletch soundtrack).

So it begins that I'm in high school again, only I'm the age I am right now. For some reason, though, I must still appear to be high school age because no one believes it. I go to a girlfriend's house in this posh mansion, and we are given strict orders not to allow any boys into the bedroom by the grandmother and matriarch of the house. The girl giggles, and I just cringe that I'm stuck in this high school life.

Girl, we'll call her Bunny, gets on her cell phone and calls up the boys who subsequently climb up the giant sycamore tree to rescue us. Her boy is some typical High School Musical sort of chap. Mine? Mine? Eugene Levy. Eugene Levy in character, you know? You've got to be kidding me. So Bunny and Buck start making out in the corner, and Eugene looks at me with hopeful eyes. I tell him we've got some packing to do--we're getting outta here. And I had these pills that I had to find, plus an important letter for the agency I worked for. It then hit me--I was undercover.

We hear steps coming down the hall. The matriarch is coming, so I push Levy under the bed, and B & B head to the shower. "Stupid arses," I mumble. Matriarch says, "We don't have any boys up here, do we?" And I tell her to get out of my way because I don't have time for her silliness. She glares at me, calls me an insolent little wench, and moves about her purposeless day. Then her dog looks at me, and I hand him a trail mix bar and move about my next task.

Levy is overcome with sexual fervor at the thought of my bravada, so he comes out from his hiding spot and plants a giant kiss on me. At first I'm appalled and then I realize that as I make out with him, he turns into Jim Sturgess and so I figure I should just keep making out with him for all humanity's sake. And the music here? The Flame by Cheap Trick.

We jump out the window (cue Quantum Leap type of music) and I hit some sort of wormhole jumping me to my next assignment which is as a teacher's aide in a failing day care center. My job is to sweep, mop, and scoop poop (and yes, they poop like dogs on the floor, these kids). [cue Bit by Bit]. I get the scoop on the director, turn her in for fraud and win approval from my boss who is Orson.

I say my Nannoo Nannoos and head off down the streets of Brooklyn (post another wormhole) headed for my next assignment. I'm wearing cropped editor's pants and tall boots. Lovin this assignment, I stop to look at the newspaper bit, and Round and Round begins playing. I shake my head and laugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home