Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Break-ish

Finally, I made it up the hill and over. It's all a sledding whirlwind of assignments on the other side, so I think I'll take a week to just sit on top of the hill a bit--perhaps to recline on top.

I've got a lot due post spring break and have two conferences to attend, so I have to get much done in the next few weeks. My friend, D, is going back to her lovely island home (yes, she's from the southern Carrib), and everyone else is gone somewhere spectacular and warm, so I'll be here in Ltown freezing in the sleet. Not to worry, my friends. I have an imagination vacation planned, and it will be so much more fun than beaches, white sand, crystal blue water...

Yeah, ok. It will. I promise. I'm going to make a list of places I wish I was for SB, and then I'm going to incorporate similar elements from what the wonderful town of Lubbock has to offer. You know, for Paris day, I'll head to the local French cafe (yes, there is one), sip some wine and read a good book all day and then come home and watch Charade or something.

Stay tuned for my adventures!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home