Friday, November 04, 2005

The birthday has started

Start your engines, folks, because the 31st anniversary of Kimday has begun. Tonight, I went to Buca di Beppo with my parents and Edgy. We started with cocktails: manhattan for Edgy, merlot for Dad, iced tea for Mom, and a (can you guess?) raspberry lemondrop martini for me. Antipasti: garlic bread con formaggio. Insalata: caesar. Then we had rigatoni positano and for dessert, cheescake with raspberry sauce and hazelnuts. I was serenaded and was presented with a candelabra (which I blew out in 1 1/2 breaths) and then presented with a ten dollar gift card from the manager. It expires 11/30; anyone want to go?

We left there and went to Roeders to meet up with Jeff, Emily, Mike, and Gordie. Mom had her first Hoegaarden, which she loved.

Presents followed: money from GrandmaCranky; cute striped dishes (excuse for a dinner party); suede placemats and napkins; Pink Panther PJs; a candle to match the dishes perfectly (I love Pier One); and Star Wars III on DVD

I still have one present left, but I'm saving it for tomorrow (or midnight) for my birthday eve gift.

Headed to SA to see Man Hands tomorrow. Psyched. Oh, that reminds me. I have to get the Shot or Dare game put together. :o)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home