Thursday, August 03, 2006

She's Craaaaaazy

So you might all be thinking, "Is she nuts? Why the ferret?" Well, folks, the ferret only takes over when a person is about to kick someone's ass, and in this case it is PISD. "But she quit PISD," you're thinking? Ah, yes, I did, but the power of PISDom will continue because morons with bits of power tend to cause more of a tsunami (and tsunami aftermath) than logical people with power.

You can probably remember the pain in the ass PISD was a year ago. They've gone and done it again. My new insurance co won't pay for any pre-existing conditions for a year unless they get a certificate of continuous coverage. Who would you think you'd call for that? My immediate reaction was that I should call my former insurance co. WRONG! They tell me that, although they have all the records, they don't handle that end of it, PISD does. My heart sank in my chest. As it was plummeting further into my bowels, the woman at the ins co says, "Oh, and I don't have any record of you having ever resigned from PISD. You might want to check with them about that."

So I call PISD and talk to some poor little boy who has no clue which way is up. He hung up before even getting my name and number, and it took 3 calls to him just to give him the information. He was a little hangup happy. By the 3rd call, he said he didn't write certificates and that the ins co needed to do so. I call the ins co back, they say, NO, PISD does that.

At this point, the nightmares are starting to resurface in my head of a year ago. Why is everything circular with everyone that I talk to? So I hang up and call my current ins co. I figure BCBS has more brains than a little two bit ins co for teachers. The woman tells me that she has to have the cert of coverage and that it must be on the letterhead from the ins co. I tell her my situation and ask if she'd be willing to explain that to the ins co, and she paused and said, "um, NO."

Back to the two bit ins co. I tell them the situation, and a very helpful woman goes up 3 levels and gets the same story: PISD wants to handle all of that. So I call BCBS back, and they say, "Whatever, just get the [damn] certificate." So I call PISD back and talk to the woman that the two bit helpful lady told me to talk to. Left a message.

Day 2 goes by, no call. Day 3, no call. I call back and leave message. Day 4, no call. Day 5 no call. I call back and leave message. This cycle continues for 2 weeks. Finally, yesterday, I got the woman, she keeps me on SPEAKER PHONE where I can barely hear her and says, "yeah, I sent that out to you a long time ago." I said, "Well, it would've been nice to have gotten a call about that." Silence. Then I said, "Ok, well I haven't received it." "Well I sent it to [fucking off the wall weirdo address]." Pause. "um, that's not my address." Then she quickly starts quipping, "Ah, well, that's not my problem. yOu have to call HR and correct that. I can't send you anything until you do"

Now understand that the administration bldg is a singular bldg. "HR" and "Benefits" are 2 people who sit in cubicles without walls directly next to each other. I said, "Tiffany, I know that Jerry D sits right next to your [fucking] cubicle, and since you're on speaker phone, he can hear me right now [she picks up the phone] so there's no need for me to call HR. Secondly, all I'm asking you to do is use the tiny bit of energy it takes to pick up a pencil and write my correct address on an envelope, put a stamp on it, and reach to your little mail outbox. [note: fucking was in my head].

At this point my current office manager comes in and hands me a note that says, "FAX." So I say, Ok, how about you fax it to me. she says, Let me check. Ok. fine. So I give her the fax number.

DO I GET A FAX? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now the office admin is on the case. Let's see if he pulled through.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

Yes, I remember all the red tape you had to go through to get access to the purple van.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Cranky said...

Don't even tell me about the paper lanterns.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home