Monday, January 22, 2007

Shootin' at the walls of heartache

Yeah, nothing soothes a heartache like shopping, particularly at Ann Taylor. And I had one hell of a soothing session today, spending $108 on a singular skirt. This is no ordinary skirt mind you; it is chocolate fondue wrapped seductively around my lower body, and the killer part is that it was in a size lower than I normally buy, and that sealed the deal, my friends. That and I'm a sucker for gay Latino salesmen. The only other time I ever spent this much on myself in one outing was at the Banana Republic on Michigan Ave, and I blame it all on the cute little Latino boy toy who flattered his way into my pocketbook--sigh.

NO, it wasn't on sale, but I went back to AT just to get some shoes that I wanted which should've been on sale by now, and they were GONE, so I was not about to let this skirt go. It's a chocolate pencil with an accordion pleat in the back, and it would make Holly Golightly melt like butter. So yes, I spent way too much on this damn skirt, but it's classic, and I'll wear it forever (and if you don't believe that, just look in my closet at clothes I saved from the 80s--which are back in, mind you).

Now I just need something smokin' for the Chinese New Year. It must be red, new and a complete outfit, including undergarments (or so my friend, Terri, tells me), so shopping anyone? I already bought the purse, which is a tad bit larger than the little green one Bonniebell carries her lipsmackers in.

MMMM...must. shop. more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home