Monday, February 26, 2007

Meme from January's Real Simple Mag

1. What did you want to be when you were little?
  • Age 3: baseball player at Wrigley, grocery store clerk, and wife of Han Solo
  • Age 6: restaurant owner
  • Age 7: bank executive
  • Age 8: vet
  • Age 9: nurse
  • Age 12: actress
  • Age 13: interior designer
  • Age 14: otolaryngologist
  • Age 15: computer programmer (BASIC rocked!)
  • Age 16: either one of the corps in a dance company or a coroner (it was a strange year)
  • Age 17: psychiatrist
2. What is the one thing you'll never understand? Texas
3. What surprises you most about your adult life? that I still have times when I feel much like an adolescent
4. What's your idea of a perfect meal? Oh, I'm kind of high maintenance on this one. I like the 5 star restaurant type of service, quality, and ambiance. It would be a 7 course meal, each course bringing me close to ecstasy with every bite. Yeah, that and fantastic wine!
5. What's the craziest fashion trend you've ever worn? Sadly, I've never gone after the trends, except for Grunge, which I still wish would come back. I guess the craziest would be um having the winged hairstyle look back in the 80s. That was bad.
6. What amount of money would make you feel you were set for life? I probably would never feel set for life. I'd always live like I was middle class and would feel like I could fall back into subsidized housing, cheap beer and spaghetti Os at any minute (though I was actually very happy during that time period of my life).
7. If you could change careers now without any consequences or financial loss, what would you switch to? a sound editor. I think that would be ultimately the coolest job in the world. I'd be a singer in a band at night, though, or a back up do wop girl.
8. Bath or shower? I've always been a shower girl, but there was a period of time when I lived in this apartment with a fantastic, deep, clawfoot tub. I really got into baths at that point, candles, aromatherapy, and everything. Now I shower--long, scalding hot showers at midnight with different shower gels I made myself at Bath Junkie--and it is the highlight of my long day!
9. Movie you most recently watched? At the theater: The Departed At home: All the King's Men, though I'm not sure it counts because I fell asleep during it. I can't watch movies at home anymore. Too tired. Plus, the southern accents in that movie were horrendous. HORRENDOUS!
10. The big decision I'm currently wrestling with is...? ugh. I don't want to think about it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home