Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Snoozeday

Last night I dreamed that I was running another marathon. I'm not sure where it was, but I was staying in a very lavish hotel. I had gone downstairs to sit by the fire and watch the big screened HDTV, when I overheard some guy behind me commenting on whatever I was watching. I commented back, and we continued a nice, light banter back and forth. I stayed focused on the tv until he said something particularly intriguing (I can't remember what), and at that point, I turned around to see Barak Obama, dressed in a nice casual blue and cream button down with a cream shirt underneath. He was sitting at a very ornate writing desk composing some sort of letter. We talked for a few more hours, again with ease and warmth. His wife and kids came by eventually, and we all had a wonderful conversation about Chicago and the south suburbs, and for some reason, I think we talked about organic foods.

Finally, I looked at my watch and decided to rest up for the big day ahead of me. When I got to my room, I opened up the patio doors (I was on the first floor) to see Hillary Clinton driving up or being driven rather. She was in an incredible suit with a necklace and shoes to die for, lips painted like Marlene Dietrich. She stepped out, and I said, "Hello, Senator." She stopped and said hello, holding out an impeccable manicured hand, the other hand embracing a black clutch.

I asked her how things were, and she very candidly said that it was tough being on the road and in the line of fire. She teared up a little, then shook off the tears and mentioned something about giving up, and I said something ridiculous about not giving up on the little girls who one day hope to be president or something sappy like that (I was a much better conversationalist with Obama). Just then, her entourage emerged from the car, and she snapped into a colder personality, telling me that I should get pregnant so that there would be more democrats like me in the world. She turned to her entourage for a laugh, which they gave her, and then she waved me off. I felt dismissed, and decided that I was going to vote for Obama after all when John Edwards' face appeared in the sky. He was leaving to join the pod people, he said, and I muttered, "Figures."

WTF?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Doc K said...

Fuck. Time to lay off the sleep aids. And quit watching CNN ferchristsake!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home