Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring has sprung,

the grass is riz, robins are twittering, and love is in the air. I just took a long walk in the neighborhood park since the sun is finally out and we're at about 50. Actually, there are two parks. One is more family oriented, and the other one has a 3 mile jogging track and just miles of open grass for frisbee, soccer, etc. I decided to walk today. Walking tends to clear my head more than running, usually because I'm too focused on breathing properly (exercise induced asthma) when running. So I enjoyed my little walk, and it reminded me of why I spend the extra money to live in the only liberal part of town.

Love was everywhere--couples on picnics, pigeons twitterpating, a college couple making out in a tree, a college couple giving each other head on a park bench while an older man wearing nothing but a speedo and jogging shoes says to me, "Um, are they doing what I think they are doing?" Another older couple walking their dogs in the park. Ah, love everywhere!

And so I decided that my imagination vacation should take me to NOLA tonight. Off I go to Jazz Kitchen. It's not indigenous, but it'll have to do.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean and Steph said...

For the sake of all things holy, and out of concern for your eyes, I hope you made up the couple giving each other head in the park. Or maybe you pay to live in the REALLY liberal part of town...

8:44 PM  
Blogger Cranky said...

Oh, I am so not making that up. They were right in plain view with their college friends all hanging out playing soccer right next to them. Speedo guy was very disturbed.

I guess in a town where buying alcohol is illegal, public displays of sex are ok?

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home