Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yi, er, san

I left my invisible plane in the hangar yesterday and decided to beam myself to Beijing instead. All went well, so I suppose the little kinks were worked out of the transporter. Hung out at a little 2 chair restaurant, ordered in Mandarin (I've got the food down really well), and enjoyed some tea. Sadly, they had no jiao zi (dumplings) nor does anyone else in Lubbock, so I couldn't satisfy my craving for some. I did find some at the Asian Mart along with some Jasmine tea and other necessities, and then headed to the park to study my Chinese, which has been something I've neglected since starting this PhD.

After the park, I took a regular plane home and spent the rest of the evening listening to Patti Smith and my curmudgeon mix on my ipod. Oh, and I watched Castle. Love me some Nathan Fillion.

Today, as expected, I'm headed to Ireland. Report to come.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean and Steph said...

You are having a really hard time finding authentic cuisine on your travels... this makes me sad for you. Cabbage shouldn't be that hard to come by today, so hopefully things are looking up?

I (we) heart Nathan Fillion. Firefly, Dr. Horrible, even his stint on Buffy, he has never failed us.

Good luck in your travels, my bloggy friend!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home