Thursday, July 28, 2005

Reality Junkies

This post serves as an addendum to the previous "Dissed at Pisd" post. I forgot to add the funniest moment of them all: the facilitator gave her speech about herself and admitted (we were all supposed to share a deep, dark secret like we were at an AA meeting or something) that she had an unhealthy obsession with reality TV. She said that she TIVOs every reality TV show there is, including "The Littlest Bachelor," which she described as "Speed dating for midgets [her word, not mine]." It's funny in and of itself, but if you could imagine a woman who looks/acts/speaks like Laura Bush with West U platinum dyed hair, you can see the added humor. She was unbelievably serious about this and said it with the tone of a child in her first confession. It really was the most surreal experience. We were all sitting around with joined hands supporting each other in these confessions to remind us that no one is perfect. I've never met these whackjobs in my life, and what in the hell would I want to confess anything to them for. In case you're wondering, I couldn't confess much because I was laughing too hard, so I said that I had a problem speaking in front of people without laughing out of nervousness. What else was I supposed to say? If I wasn't afraid that they'd screwed up all of my paperwork, I might risk it and come up with a doozie, but I thought I'd play it pretty straight. Bills are important to pay, you know?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home