Monday, August 01, 2005

Amnesia

Ok, the lowdown on this place I've been teaching during the summer. First of all, they only have 3 employees. That said, they can never remember my name. Everytime they see me, they call me Elizabeth. I gave up correcting them. Secondly, they can't ever remember when they need me to come in for work. For example, the week of 4th of July, they asked me to come in (even though the school was closed) to do some admin work for them. I show up, and they look at me like I'm from Mars and say, "Elizabeth, what are you doing here? We're off this week silly girl!" Another example: Last Monday, I told them that it was the last day I could work for them since I started inservice at my "real" job on Tuesday. They did their sob story about how Elizabeth would be leaving them and said thank you, etc. This morning, though, they call me at 7am and ask me why I'm not there--well, they asked my answering machine anyway. They left this message about how they really needed me to come in...blahblah...in a bind...blah blah....should let them know...blahblah...whatever. I would think it was I who had a problem with amnesia, but they've done other things. Final example: everyday they go get lunch for people. They come in and ask everyone what they want and write down what they ordered/collect money, etc. Everytime I stay long enough to have lunch, they come in and ask me what I want. I tell them and give them money, and I freakin watch them write it down. 45 minutes goes by, and I wonder what in the hell happened. I go into the lunchroom, and they are all eating and look at me and say, "Hey, Elizabeth. Did you bring your lunch today?" I say, "NO, you took my order," and they look at me with this doe-eyed stare as if they truly don't remember that they took my name or money. One time I looked at the sheet and they had written my order but no name and gave it to someone else. Another 2 times, they had written my name by my order but came back sans order. I finally told them to forget it and began skipping lunch. Unbelievable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cranky said...

Ha ha. Yep.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home