Friday, January 13, 2006

They've got my ovaries in their hands and other snappy tunes

So we all know that I have to take these ridiculous education classes for the job that I hate that I'm going to quit. If I don't take them, I will be illegally hired and will owe somebody somewhere money for the entire year.

The total bill with $750 worth of fees for things that I won't use because I don't live on campus is about $2500. Now, I'm paying in installments of 3 so there's a $15 charge. I can live with that. What I can't handle is that to pay by credit card or check (and they won't take Visa or a Visa check card), I have to pay a 1.76% fee for EACH installment. It comes out to roughly $15 per installment. Therefore, I am paying $60 in fees for no good reason. I mean, who the fuck has $880 in cash lying around? Plus, I don't think they take cash, so they are just charging a manditory fee to everyone in the whole fucking school.

In addition to that, the books come out to $300. $2800 for 2 fucking piece of shit classes that I can't fucking stand.

Did I also mention that PISD took MLK day away from us because of Rita? WTF are they thinking? 1/2 the student body is boycotting (1/4 for good reason; the others just to skip). Oh, btw, the state of TX said that we didn't have to make up those days, but PISD feels it's important. AND they are talking about making students go back to school on Aug 3 next year with teachers having a week's worth of inservices beforehand. Freshman teachers have to go back a week earlier because they want the freshmen to come back to school a week early to learn the ropes and get ahead.

Oh, and did I mention that next year SpEd classes are no more? They are making all students mainstream and mandating that SpEd students take the TAKS exam with the other students, with teachers accountable for their scores. That's got the whole teaching body in an uproar.

In the news today, a huge discussion on the radio about HISD giving raises only to teachers whose students do well on the TAKS. The host says that it's only fair since corporations make their managers accountable for their employees' output. One statment to that: Corporations can fire their employees for being lazy little fuckers with no motivation except to kill each other and snort sudafed. They also have drug testing, which can result in firing. What do we have?

well, I have to now workout because I've eaten 200 million Victorian Tea Cookies (class project and they all stole the recipe from one person and made the same damn thing). Then I have to go to a birthday party which i would rant about but it would be better read after the fact. plus, the big headed baby, as fucking usual, is crying her big bulging eyes out, and I can't think. Glinda has the photo. I"m too guilty to upload it. I feel like I'll become impregnated with some parasitic big headed freakshow as karmic bitchslapping.

Could I BE more caustic?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home